Thursday 20 August 2015

A Day out with Small kids & High school Students

Today, 6 hours or so in school was full of fun for me as a teacher, As I had marathon 5 hours class. My day began with a class to 10th standard children. One student by name Praveen is checking my patience to maximum extent possible by avoiding submission of his activity sheets. I with 'teacher's (false) angry' screamed at him demanding his mother's cell number and uttered, like my teachers used  to do in our school days-- " If you are not interested drop out from school and do some hotch-potch job." But unlike our days' students, he didn't panic, instead murmured quietly "Sir,  ಓದಿ ಉದ್ಧಾರ ಆಗೋಣ ಅಂತ ಇದ್ದೀನಿ ." meaning "sir, I want to become a scholarly person by reading books." I laughed at his words and confidence he has in himself despite not regularly carrying out school chores. This is the experience with the biggest children of school, next experience is worth sharing with you all that is with FIRST standard kids.

I went as alternate teacher for a Music-hour. as I do not know alphabets of  music world, I asked kids to sing songs of their choice! The enthusiasm of kids was overwhelming one boy started with a Kannada movie song of "ಫೋನ್ ಇಲ್ಲ ಮೆಸೇಜ್ ಇಲ್ಲ ನಿಂದು ( Phone illa message illa nindu)..." and went up to "ಅಣ್ಣ ತಮ್ಮ (Anna Tamma).... song of Mrs & Mr. Ramachari."  Next a little girl deviated the flow towards  devotional songs by singing "Vakra Thunda Maha Kaya" as whole class knew this song the whole class stood up to sing this song!!! Next one was by a naughty kid who stood up to sing national anthem! all of a sudden whole class was saluting and singing in chorus Jana Gana Mana............. 
    
funny kids @ schools

 By then I utilized my 15 years of teaching experience to deviate students towards RHYMES (The only songs I also know)! They started in chorus "Jhony Jhony Yes papa Eating sugar...." went on and on to "Twinkle Twinkle Little star" to "Ba Ba Black sheep..." finally I winded up the class with a story of Elephant Crab and Monkey. overall August 20th 2015, was a remarkable one at Vivekananda Vidya Vardhaka Schools, Hesaraghatta Road, Bengaluru.

Friends, Today, my four year daughter DEETYA had MATHS Home work (i.e. to write  numerical 18). I sat with  her to help complete the assignment. She showcased all emotions of Bollywood or Sandalwood movie by the time she could complete the assignment, here is an attempt to share the same with you all.......

Movie Watching = =Home Work completion

Friends, It all started with inaccuracy in her writing compared to her teacher's sample writing. She is hard-core perfectionist at the same time hard-core self-reliant personality at this tender age. So getting the work completed is like dual-edge sword! I can't help her to complete the writing at the same time she wants execute it with picture-perfect execution of Rahul-Dravid's cricketing stroke play.

While the flow of writing is going on smoothly, her attention goes to T.V ads or mood to boast about  her achievements in friends' circle. She requires reassurance every now and then about she is the first in the race of completing the task. Constant pampering at every point telling "You are the Best of the lot in school amongst the crew and your teacher Loves you the most." helped me in getting her hands and pencil move swiftly over the book. 

Bribery & Melodrama for Task

Meanwhile she demands 'Milky-Bar' and 'YouTube' Video rhymes on completion of assignment and continues the task on getting my assurance. Also melodrama of swinging moods of crying, laughing, short story narrations from her end was also part of this Patience-Driven Home work completion. At one juncture I even pampered to 'hyperbolic' extent by condemning her teacher's handwriting as against her stencil work. After all such drama the task could be completed! This made me immediately to take snaps of her Maths-Home work book and write a BLOG to share with you all.
One More Movie

LAST-SIP 

 I had read few days back in leading Kannada Daily Newspaper, that Parents shouldn't be in a hurry to get  the Home work of kids completed, so that they can watch their T.V soap without hindrance. My experience showed me "Getting H.W Done from your kid itself is an Excellent Movie," we should enjoy every bit of it!!!!


Independence Day Celebrations @ our School in Hesaraghatta, read on....

Pyramid formation by children
Revolutionist Sangolli Rayanna Drama team
My school (Vivekananda Vidyavardaka High Schools, Hesaraghatta) kids celebrated 69th Independence Day of our Mother-Land 'Bharat' today. The vigor of kids was amazing and mind blowing. We were witness to their parade, Pyramid formation, Drama and Dance. Please go through snapshots and Video clippings of these events and enjoy........
Our True VIPS for the I-Day witnessing ceremony

Jhanda Hooncha Rahe Hamara
  
Salute to National Flag

No comments: