Sunday 1 January 2017

Introspection:2016 Resolution Comes True, 2017?

Friends, New year brings in new hopes and new resolutions. 2016 was year of struggle and to achieve two tasks simultaneously was an uphill journey for me. Balancing between Passion and Profession is truly challenging. My breadwinner is always been teaching. But to get recognition in society as a writer of some sort has been my dream since my college days. My first ever venture to get published in newspapers came true way back in 1998, then I was on cloud nine. Since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me as an amateur writer.
I tried to play various roles from freelance writer, technical writer, ghost writer kind of stuff but was not that successful though few articles of mine as freelancer got published and few user manuals written by me were accepted by few clients. But the inner-zeal to be an accomplished writer and the fire within to get bylines in some daily news paper or monthly magazine is alive and will be for sure alive till my last breath. In this context I thought of blogging so that immediate sense of accomplishment is felt by my soul as whatever I write will get published as Blogger provides you the flexibility and freedom to write on wide array of subjects unlike any established media houses where proving yourself is an uphill task. Thus my journey to Blogging started with niche of current affairs of India, Karnataka and Bangalore.

Blogging a Boon

I immediately learnt nitty-gritty of Blogger took my domain as bengalurubreeze.blogspot.in and started my journey of blogging, I tried various kinds of writing from education, sports, culture society, politics etc. and a journey with self-satisfaction of getting published and having your blog name and byline being published online and few comments from readers derives a sense of satisfaction. That too Blogger-Dashboard with statistics about page views, audience, country of visitors helps you to feel happy that you have global audience for the blog. Though later I learnt all page views needn't be legitimate ones as web crawlers and bots will also add up to your page view count.

Google analytics  

If you do research on finding the genuine traffic to your blog, Search Engines points to Google analytics as the right kind of tool to analyze your traffic and since it is free of cost and can be integrated easily with blogger blog, I too got it integrated. Initially it was heart breaking to notice that BOUNCE RATE was high and very few legitimate readers were available for my blog. But I continued blogging without getting deterred. Finally I could see fruits as my BOUNCE RATE started declining and RETURNING VISITORS count also enhanced significantly.

Google Adsense Approval 

Delight For every Blogger to See This Message in INBOX

As we all know good traffic and our niche areas can bring in revenues through blogs, I also started applying for Google Adsense to monetize my blog. I applied three times for adsense and failed all the three times with Adsense authorities telling I do not have sufficient content to get their approval. This is like getting detained in your university exams for any person who is seriously trying to get their blog monetized. But when I read a beautiful POST on blogger from one of my blogger friend whic h said "90 percent of us start blogging as a passion to get published and read, but in between we get disheartened when we fail to get our work monetized and lose interest in blogging and get distracted from primary objective" I too realized the famous saying of Bhagvad Gita, Hindu sacred book, which tells "Put your effort Sincerely without worrying about outcomes" and I continued blogging by posting new posts. Finally a day arrived in December 2016 itself, that I got approval from Adsense and a congratulations message to my inbox from adsense made me again to fly on Cloud Nine. Thus my 2016 resolution to become a Blogger has come true to some extent.  

What in 2017?

Now the question in front of me is, When will I earn 100$ from adsense? and prove to myself and few detractors that I can make earning from my Hobby that has become a passion. Though First month of  log on to Adsense account by typing... www.adsense.com has revealed that I have made nearly 2$ in two weeks! It seems like a long way to go for me to make 100$ from my blog. Now I really appreciate those guys who are driving Thousands of visitors to their site as it seems to be a hurricane task for amateur bloggers.

Finally Friends, Those of you who want to blog: My suggestion is it is a work that demands lot of patience, determination and dedication if you possess these three attributes then success follows you!   

No comments: